BROADWAY’S BRIGHTEST STARS!
SIGNED TREASURES!!! ONE-OF-A-KIND EXPERIENCES!!
THE 24TH ANNUAL
BROADWAY FLEA MARKET & GRAND AUCTION
TO BENEFIT BROADWAY CARES / EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
SHUBERT ALLEY & WEST 44TH STREET
Theatre and TV stars are coming out to support Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS at the 24TH ANNUAL Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction to be held on Sunday, September 26 from 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM in Shubert Alley (Shubert Alley & West 44th Street).
The event will be held outdoors in Shubert Alley and is free and open to the public. From posing with your favorite Broadway and Daytime stars for photos, to buying that lost cast recording, signed show posters and Playbills, rare costume sketches or special gift for a theatre-lover you can’t find anywhere – this year’s Broadway Flea Market & Grand Auction promises to offer something for everyone.
The Grand Auction has always been the highlight of the Flea Market event and this year will not disappoint. The following lots are included in the auction and will be up for bidding!
- Make your Broadway debut in one of Broadway’s hit shows. Don’t miss the chance to bid on the opportunity to have a walk-on role in The Phantom of the Opera, Mamma Mia!, In The Heights, Rock of Ages & Wicked.
- One of the prosthetic headpieces worn by Brian d’Arcy James in Shrek The Musical, signed by the entire original Broadway cast.
- “Good Morning Baltimore” musical phrase from Hairspray, handwritten and signed by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman.
- The very last pair of tickets to the sold out New York Times “TimesTalks” featuring Frank Rich and Stephen Sondheim on Monday, November 22nd, with the chance to meet Mr. Rich and Mr. Sondheim afterward.
- The chance to conduct the orchestra of The Phantom of the Opera during the exit music at one performance.
- “When You’re an Addams” musical phrase from The Addams Family, handwritten and signed by Andrew Lippa.
- Dinner with Anthony Rapp.
- “Walk Like A Man” musical phrase from Jersey Boys, handwritten and signed by Bob Gaudio and Frankie Valli.
- “For Good” musical phrase from Wicked, handwritten and signed by Stephen Schwartz.
- The opportunity to have Jonathan Freeman, who voiced the villainous “Jafar” in the Aladdin film, to record your phone message.
- Daniel Craig’s tank top that he wore during a performance of A Steady Rain, autographed by Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman.
- A poster from Susan Sarandon’s Exit The King dressing room that was signed by over 50 celebrities who visited her backstage during the show’s run.
- A 2010 Tony Awards poster signed by all of the presenters and nominees.
- And autographed items from celebs such as Antonio Banderas, Corbin Bleu, Carol Channing, Kristin Chenoweth, Gavin Creel, Raul Esparza, Green Day, Marvin Hamlisch, Angela Lansbury, Liza Minnelli, Bernadette Peters, Daniel Radcliffe, Vanessa Redgrave, Lynn Redgrave, Stephen Sondheim, John Stamos, Meryl Streep, Kevin Spacey, Barbra Streisand, Elizabeth Taylor, Doris Eaton Travis, Vanessa Williams and many more.
Celebrities scheduled to appear at the Celebrity Autograph Table and Photo Booth in exchange for donations to BC/EFA include: Kate Baldwin (Finian’s Rainbow), Bryan Batt (TV’s “Mad Men”), Susan Blackwell (title of show), Heidi Blickenstaff (title of show), Mario Cantone (Sex and the City), Kathleen Chalfant (Angels in America), Stephanie D’Abruzzo (Avenue Q), Jason Danieley (Next to Normal), Ana Gasteyer (Wicked & “Saturday Night Live”), Malcolm Gets (The Story of My Life), Mandy Gonzalez (Wicked, In the Heights), Montego Glover (Memphis), Julie Halston (The Divine Sister), Ann Harada (Avenue Q), Jessica Hecht (A View from the Bridge), Matthew Hydzik (West Side Story), Cheyenne Jackson (Xanadu, Finian’s Rainbow), Gregory Jbara (Billy Elliot), Andy Karl (Wicked), Chad Kimball (Memphis), Levi Kreis (Million Dollar Quartet), Dan Lauria (Lombardi), Aaron Lazar (A Little Night Music), Judith Light (Lombardi), Robert Britton Lyons (Million Dollar Quartet), David Andrew MacDonald (“Guiding Light”), Marin Mazzie (Next to Normal), Debra Monk (Curtains), Julia Murney (Wicked), Kelli O’Hara (South Pacific), Patrick Page (Spider-Man), Karine Plantadit (Come Fly Away), Anthony Rapp (Rent), Vanessa Ray (Hair & “As the World Turns”), Alice Ripley (Next to Normal), Chita Rivera (Nine, Kiss of the Spider Woman), Elizabeth Stanley (Million Dollar Quartet), John Tartaglia (Shrek The Musical & Avenue Q), Colleen Zenk (“As the World Turns”) and more to be announced closer to the event. All appearances are subject to change.
Specific items for sale at the Flea Market and packages to be auctioned will be announced and updated at www.BroadwayCares.org. Check back regularly for the most up-to-date additions.
Broadway Cares / Equity Fights AIDS is one of the nation’s leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 BC/EFA has raised over $175 million for essential services for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses across the United States.
BC/EFA awards annual grants to more than 400 AIDS and family service organizations nationwide and is the major supporter of seven programs at The Actors Fund including The AIDS Initiative, The Phyllis Newman Women’s Health Initiative, The Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic, The Dancers’ Resource and three supportive housing residences.
The Broadway Flea Market is sponsored by Continental Airlines, the official airline of BC/EFA,
The New York Times, Junior’s, Discovery Times Square Exposition,
A&E Television Networks, Times Square Alliance